We offer two formats for our training courses:
Regardless of the option you choose, You will learn how to properly apply the basic grazing concepts and principles. More specifically, you will learn how to:
- Adjust the graze period in a way that reduces overgrazing by preventing the “second bite.”
- Plan the rest period in order to provide adequate root energy recovery.
- Apply stock density so that it increases utilization and improves manure distribution.
- Use animal impact to improve rejuvenation, the water cycle, organic matter decomposition and manage the top 2 centimeters of the soil.
- Reduce run off and evaporation and increase water holding capacity of the soil.
- Manage the stage of growth for optimal harvesting of sunlight energy.
- Gain an understanding of the importance of nutrient recycling through the animals and into the soil.
- Develop management strategies to encourage soil organic life and increase the populations of soil microbes. Calculate stocking rate in Animal Days per Acre ( ADA ) by using estimated or actual data.
- Use forage species selection to match the environment.
- Develop efficient and economical pasture cell designs.
- Plan around your personal restraints and accommodate personal issues.
- Understand herd requirements and plan around them.
- Deal with physical land restraints and issues.
- Manage riparian areas for sustainability and environmental health.
- Understand water systems and their limitations.
- Protect water sources in order to maintaining herd and environmental health.
- Plan for rotational animal movement to lower both animal and manager stress.
- Incorporate existing fence into your infrastructure plan, if possible.
- Plan your finances to maximize profits and get debt free.
Give us a call or shoot us an email for updates on the location and times for upcoming seminars and workshops.